Saturday, November 1, 2014

Miss Potter for a day...

 
 I'm so inspired by Beatrix Potter-
Her lovely art & adorable stories,
her conservation of Lake District farms & sheep.
I thought it would be fun to dress up as her for Halloween.
My sister Kelsey's beautiful home fit the time period perfectly!
(Well apart from the T.V. in the background.)

 I made my skirt from some wonderful wool fabric that I bought 
on super duper clearance at Joanns a while back.
I think it will be much loved this winter if we have one similar to last year's!
***
I'm the "fun" (immature) Auntie who still likes to dress up with the kiddies.

I love these kiddos!
haha! My face is just hilarious in this one.
I was trying to keep Jack the Lumberjack from flying headfirst down the steps.
(That kid isn't afraid of anything!)
***
We have a joke in our family that November 1st is the official kickoff of the Holiday season.
So...
True 
Happy 1st day of the Holiday season! ^_^

4 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, the skirt looks perfect for staying nice and toasty this winter and staying super stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, yet true! I love the skirt and what a glimpse back in time in your pictures. Your sisters house is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!