Tuesday, November 1, 2016

and so it begins...

Last Thursday was the opening day of my favorite thrift store's Christmas shop. The store is in an old Ben Franklin building & every October it's fun to peek over the banister into the basement where the volunteers elves have been busily organizing all the Christmas items that have been donated throughout the year. Then on the appointed day my sisters & I line up about half an hour before opening time along with all the other Christmas crazies around here. It's fun to dress festively. This is what I wore this year. ^_^


I've had this vintage wooly skier waistcoat for a few years. I bought it at a garage sale for a song. It's just so kitschy & cute!

A little girl in the line to check out behind me told her mom that I looked like an elf. Then her mom explained that they had just watched the movie Elf recently. So that means she thought I looked like Zooey Deschanel's character...which pretty much made my day. Heehee!

{Waiting in line with 2 of my sisters!}

These were most of the goodies I found. Not that I needed another single article of Christmas paraphernalia, but ya know...as if that even matters.


{Photo of my outfit snapped by my sister Beth}


3 comments:

  1. Okay, you are the cutest thing EVER! LOVE your outfit, Miss Michelle :) What fun to go Christmas shopping at your local thrift store! You definitely found some delightful treasures.

    Happy hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cute as a bug. Y'all find the best stores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're just adorable :)
    you must have fUn thrift stores in your area..
    nothing so spectacular in my parts as a LINE
    waiting to get in to see the Christmas flair.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, put your 2 cents in!